[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Inclusion of Tango_testing icons in 4.0?

Stefan Knorr heinzlesspam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:46:01 PST 2013

Hi Petr,

thanks for bringing this up! We discussed this a bit before (but I can't
remember if we had agreed to anything yet.

> BTW: How is the Tango_testing theme complete? IMHO, we should not enable
> too incomplete theme in the final build.

The idea for Tango Testing was to develop icons that could compliment
the old Tango icons and then merge at least parts of the new theme back
into the original one to refresh it.

As it stands, Tango Testing only includes large icons – so, the small
ones would look inconsistent in many cases since they'd still come from
the original theme.
(My Opinion) I would stay conservative here and not ship it yet.

(Other's opinions) Mirek and Alex defended the idea of additionally
shipping Tango Testing, so users could try it in stable versions, so we
could gather more feedback. But I think even they wouldn't yet make it
the default.

Astron.