[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Hide and show slides from custom dialog

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Jul 1 10:23:25 PDT 2013

Guillermo Molleda Jimena wrote:
> Objective: to print a custom in PDF, hiding the rest of slides and
> presenting only those chosen.
> Can anyone help?

Hi Guillermo,

so you mean, beyond selecting certain slides, within that custom
selection, have some 'don't export this to pdf' meta-customization?

> I think it's something important for teachers with different
> students, the same base but different levels slide.

Wouldn't that work with the custom slide shows itself, i.e. have
several different ones, for the various student levels, and then
export just the slides in the selected custom show? Can you elaborate
a bit more (preferably on the ux-advise list) how the interaction
would look like?

> But I don't know how do it.

Beyond the question of the use case, and how to best do it (for which
I Cc the ux-advise list), the dialog and code to stick slide subset
selections into is:

 - impress pdf/export page render code: SdXImpressDocument::render()
   in sd/source/ui/unoidl/unomodel.cxx
 - pdf export dialog implementation: filter/source/pdf/impdialog.cxx

HTH,

-- Thorsten