[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [GSoC] Refreshed Android Impress Remote

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jul 19 01:26:48 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 01:48 +0200, Mirek M. wrote:
> Also, could you upload some screenshots of the current
> work-in-progress version?

	:-)

> I noticed that, in your mockups, it's not indicated that one has to
> swipe right/left to get to the next/previous slide. It'd be great if a
> little bit of the next/previous slide was shown at the right/left side
> to indicate that.

	Urgh; the windows phone 8 way of corrupting the screen with annoying
stuff you can't read on the side ? ;-) personally I hate that with a
loathing and a fear - it eats at my sub-clinical neurosis: "how can I
clean my display up not to have that cruft on it ?": do Android apps
generally do that ? also - most experienced presenters put no content at
all near the borders of their slides since many projectors generously
crop the top/bottom/left/right (and more ;-) - so we're talking about a
prolly block-colour rectangle there.

	But - clearly, I'm not a UI guy so ... is there not some other way we
can have some (only transient) annoyance to show people that they need
to swipe their slides across ? [ is that really un-discoverable ? ]

	ATB,

		Michael.