[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Mass changes to Impress animations - related to fdo#41572

Michel Renon michel.renon at free.fr
Thu Mar 28 02:18:05 PDT 2013

Hi Thorsten, Janit,

Le 22/03/2013 09:13, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :
> [...]
>
>> - Is it possible to implement some visual changes on objects in slides ?
>> ex : add some small widget beside (or inside?) an object to indicate
>> a status or to show a popup to activate some changes. Or have a
>> special border.
>> These widgets/borders would be shown via a menu command, or via a
>> mouse hover, only while designing the slide.
>>
> Yes, that is possible - there's a concept called SmartTag in Impress,
> that is e.g. used to implement this four-way icon at the presentation
> placeholder objects ('insert table/chart/picture/movie'), or for
> editing motion path animations. So the base technology for that is
> there.

very good news !

>> - Is it possible to implement some visual changes on every single
>> line/ some lines of a textfield ? It's a detailed version  of the
>> previous point : can a line in a textfield have some widget ? or be
>> drawn with some special border ?
>>
> In general yes, though slightly more involved.
great !

>> - today, the 'animation objects' are linked to object in slides, but
>> is the reverse also true ?
>> ie if user modify a slide object, can the animation object be
>> updated automatically ?
>>
> Not sure I get the idea - are you referring to changes e.g. to master
> pages, that then translate to all slides using it (that is one aspect
> of the original question / task Janit was looking into)?

No, I was referring to the edition of a slide, when an animation is
already defined on the lines of text : if you change the content of the
text, the animation is not updated.
 From a user pov, it's really annoying.
 From a technical pov, is it possible to implement it ?
(I suppose it has nothing to do with UX, only code, and "just" define
rules to handle different use cases)

>> [...]

With all your first answers, I started to brainstorm some ideas.
I'll begin to mockup them in few days. I'll create a new page on the wiki.

Thanks
Michel