[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Template manager issues pending

pierre-yves.samyn at laposte.net pierre-yves.samyn at laposte.net
Mon May 20 00:34:22 PDT 2013

Hello to all

Just to clarify this because I fear that my proposals have been
misunderstood.

>> 61396 - FILEOPEN: [Template Manager]Possibility to
>> edit a template that is not in the repository, is lacking
>> I saw a comment with the proposal :
>> "when a user does "Open" from the "File" menu and selects a
>> template, then LO should open the template" ; instead of
>> creating a new file from the template".

> Could work, but would _introduce_ the opposite problem,
> that a user cannot start a new file from a template that
> is not in the template repository...

My proposal is:

1. File> Open> Select a .ot(tsg...) file creates a new document
(current behavior, no change)

2. File> Open> Select a .ot(tsg...) file *AND* select type:
"ODF model xxx" edits the model

New behavior that does not introduce the problem raised by Cor:
- user can start a new file from any template
- user can edit any template
- the dialog already has everything that is needed.
(no checkbox or other additional control required).

Thank you all to work on this subject
Best regards
Pierre-Yves

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net