[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Remove the Navigator button below the scrollbar in Writer

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Thu Nov 14 08:16:11 PST 2013

Hi Ahmad,

Ahmad Hussein Al-Harthi schrieb:
> In the first place, does it work? Because it doesn't
> for me! when I click on it I get the floating widget
> and when I click on any icon on that widget nothing
> happens!!
>
> I think, if it does work,  we should leave it or improve it..

It works as it should. When you click the blue ball, you get a list of
categories. Choose one. Then the arrow up and down above and below the
blue ball traverse through this category.
For example, if the category is "Search" and you have used a search
already, then the arrows do a 'find previous' and 'find next'. And when
the category is "Page", then the arrows do 'goto previous page' and
'goto next page'.

Word 2010 has the same UI element at the same place. I don't know,
whether former MS Office users will miss it. LO users know (or can
know), that the same function is in the upper part of the navigator. The
top, second from left item opens this category chooser.

I personally use it to quickly switch from search, which is
automatically set by the new search bar, to the page up/down mode.

Kind regards
Regina