[Libreoffice-ux-advise] alien format warning box buttons position

Jean-Francois Nifenecker jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net
Mon Nov 18 13:59:37 PST 2013

Le 18/11/2013 22:23, V Stuart Foote a écrit :
> As this may not be clear to folks--when we save as one of the Microsoft
> controlled Office Open XML formats we will see a dialog (now driven by
> sfx2/source/dialog/alienwarn.cxx) that reads:
>
> LibreOffice42_alienwarn_dialog.PNG
> <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4083863/LibreOffice42_alienwarn_dialog.PNG>
>
> Question seems to be, should our preferred ODF format button be placed on
> the dominant left side of the dialog as Oliver suggests, perhaps with some
> color indicator?
>
> Or should it remain on the right where a non-careful user would neglect the
> choice to the detriment of using our native ODF formats?

Dunno.

BTW, the sentence "Use Office OpenXML Text Format" might be somewhat
mysterious/unclear to the average user (as well as "Use ODF Format"). I
fear that John Doe understands "Office" as "LibreOffice" whereas it
stands for "MS-Office".

So, IMO, the button selection is not only a question of placement.It is
also a question of clarity of contents.

Well, yes, I'm also aware that many a user blindly clicks anywhere <sigh>
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux