[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Remove the Navigator button below the scrollbar in Writer

bjoern bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Nov 22 07:22:12 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 01:02:03PM +0100, bjoern wrote:
> there is a patch to remove the navigator from the scrollbar:
>
>  https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/6045/
>
> Could you guys form a good consensus on if that should be done in the first
> place or not, as that patch is block on that right now. Needs to be clarified
> best before 4.2 branchoff.

As noted there, it was not removed for 4.2, but was for 4.3/master.

Note that if you want to have this implemented differently on 4.3, you need to
get a crystal clear, and welldefined consensus with a reasonable small scope
_now_ so that it can be implemented for 4.3 if a developer should pick up the
resulting bug.

The solution does not have to be perfect, but it needs to be consistly
communicated as a consensus to the developers and have a limited scope. If its
not, someone will have to make an best-intend judgement call like I did with
this change for 4.2. Such things should not be needed -- e.g. this particular
change was lingering on gerrit since September without anyone arguing vicously
on it either way.

Best,

Bjoern