[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Startcenter greeting text

bjoern bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sat Nov 23 05:36:30 PST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 03:31:30AM +0100, Stefan Knorr wrote:
> Indeed, I liked the wording from the (my/shameless plug) mockup better:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87946285/libreoffice/startcenter/startcen-empty.html

Looks good. I like it.

> Of course, it doesn't try to welcome people to LibreOffice – not
> entirely sure if that is necessary though. (I'd hope they still know
> what software they started ten seconds ago.)

Well, I kind of like that there is the Logo on the huge whitespace in the beta1
and would like to have "LibreOffice" written somewhere next to it. Combining both would be:

"""
<logo>
Welcome to LibreOffice!

No recently opened files
Use sidebar to open or create files
"""

Note that its also possible that LibreOffice gets started by some other
application (altough that usually also opens a file), so I wouldnt count on
"knows what software they started ..." in all cases.

Best,

Bjoern