[Libreoffice-ux-advise] File menu thoughts ...

Jean-Francois Nifenecker jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net
Thu Oct 10 06:53:51 PDT 2013

Hi Michael,

Le 09/10/2013 17:57, Michael Meeks a écrit :

> 	Just a quick query; I rather like the idea of turning the 'File' menu
> into rather a more advanced / full-screen/window way of popping up
> details about the document, and eventually providing a more intuitive
> place to anchor - document statistics, embedding of images / multimedia
> etc. as well as better ways to browse templates / cloud etc.

my main grief lies with the current Properties pages :

1. A standard shortcup should be available (I have to set mine every now
and then when I update), for an easier access to the metadata

2. Inserting metadata should be more user friendly, in both directions :
-- setting a metadata value from a value in the document (eg : setting
the document name from selected words)
--- inserting a metadata value using a shorcut in the document (eg : I
press a shortcut, the software then shows a menu with all current
metadata variables, and a "Add..." entry for adding a new one).

My 2 euro-cents,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux