[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [GSoC] Use Widget Layout for the Start Center

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 03:40:04 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Alexander Thurgood <
alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 24/07/13 18:16, Krisztian Pinter a écrit :
>

> One major problem with document previews is that there are none for ODB
> files. When one works with ODT and ODB files regularly (as I do), this
> makes for one ugly startscreen, interspersed with ODT previews and Base
> app icons. Unfortunately, I do not know what could be done about this,
> other than perhaps providing a fake placeholder preview for the ODB
> documents, but I've no idea how that would work or what form it could take.

The Base tab itself could be presented as a list rather than a grid.

IMHO, it'd be great if LibreOffice could present each of its modules as
completely separate applications, regardless of the fact that it's really
just one.
Launching a module would launch the module-specific section of the Start
Center, only without tabs for the other modules. It would, in effect, be
very much like mobile apps or Apple's Document Library [1]. The advantage
of that would be being able to tweak the UI of each module based on the
content it works with.

[1] http://ia.net/blog/mountain-lions-new-file-system/