[Libreoffice-ux-advise] some thoughts on the Sidebar

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org
Mon Sep 9 22:54:18 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Le 04/09/2013 17:33, Cor Nouws a écrit :
[...]
>   " So for me, two reasons to dislike the Sidebar: for eating space [...]"

I do not agree with that except in the case of Calc. In Writer I work
always with the Navigator and/or the Stylist open. With the Sidebar, I
can close the Formatting toolbar and gain vertical space.

I think the sidebar lacks the ability to embed whatever toolbar. For
example, in Writer, "Bullets and Numbering", "Table" or "Insert" toolbars.

Another nice feature of the Sidebar could be to partially close it,
keeping visible only its small vertical button bar. So you could be able
to reopen the panel you need with one click. Currently, you need to
reopen the Sidebar then click the panel button.

Best regards.
JBF