[Libreoffice-ux-advise] some thoughts on the Sidebar

Jean-Francois Nifenecker jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net
Wed Sep 18 22:14:31 PDT 2013

Hi Cor,

Le 18/09/2013 17:16, Cor Nouws a écrit :

> It would be my strong, very strong, preference to make controls for
> direct formatting hidden, far hidden, and clearly show styles in a
> useful way.

\o/ Yeah! I love you! Go for it! We *need* that!

Styles are the very feature that distinguishes LibO. It should be highly
publicised.

BTW, enhancements to styles are possible:

-- styles and formatting window: possibility of hiding styles
This allows document creators to have a set of basic styles which won't
be used by the final users. These only see the styles they are meant to
apply. AFAIK, the current hiding mechanism do support that well.

-- Table styles
A long-time missing feature

-- Simplify the list styles
(though I do like them)