[Libreoffice-ux-advise] alien format warning box buttons position

Mattias Põldaru mahfiaz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 11:07:17 PST 2015

On 01.01.2015 19:33, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	eg. if we could easily (and we can't easily so I'm not at all
> suggesting this ;-) detect the fact that we will not loose data when
> saving XYZ document as a docx - I'd personally want to drop that dialog
> for those cases: to reduce the user-pain / FUD myself.
Just as Michael I find the current box irritating and not useful at all.

Maybe we could just add a yellow warning inside the Save as dialog box
below the format chooser stating something similar: "/!\ Warning! Your
chosen file format may not support all formatting and some of might not
preserve. _Help!_"
Additionally _Help!_ could be a link to help page or webpage which
either has documentation about missing options in chosen format or a
general guide about how you should always keep .ODT as your master
document with good formatting and only export to other formats whenever
formatting matters and is more complex than bold and italic. Also maybe
about how testing foreign formats is essential to knowing what to expect.

Regards
Mattias Põldaru