[Libreoffice] Java build problem identified | findhome | MacOSX location ?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 6 04:53:21 PST 2010

Hi Norbert, *,

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Thorsten Behrens
> <thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
>> Caolan McNamara wrote:
>>> IIRC I tried this before, and there was some cockup under MacOSX, so if
>>> someone on MacOSX could see what findhome says and if its correct/wrong
>>> vs what works correctly there, that'd be helpful.
>>>
>> About 4k miles away from my MacBook currently - Norbert, Cloph,
>> any chance to give this a try?
>
> Cloph, Wol and me have been working on it on IRC, resulting in
> bootstrap:474e4b60fec1f859bc16f268d6340d7850c7874e

Hmm - but the result of the IRC-discussion was to use (for Mac)
/usr/libexec/java_home where available (10.5 and newer), and the
hardcoded fallbackpath of either
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home
or /Library/Java/Home (which in the end points to the
/System/Library..... one.

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#qa/qa2001/qa1170.html
wasn't it?

I quit IRC early, so have to read some of the backlog, but my
impression was that this was the way to go..

ciao
Christian