[Libreoffice] RC1 / size redux ...

Wed Dec 8 00:29:03 PST 2010

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 17:55:19 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	So - as we all know, RC1 is too large;
> 	http://users.freedesktop.org/~michael/sizes.ods

This is a phantastic analysis, thanks for doing that Michael. Amazing
that OTP + license files make 50% of our used space :). As someone who
basically never uses those templates I would argue that they could even
be split out into some extra (& optional package). People with crappy
download rates might more often than not also still be bound by smaller
disk sizes.

Loosing 40% of the file size sounds like a nice win in itself.

Sebastian

P.S.
BTW, the extension breakdown in my Linux install (including sdk and
without language support) looks like this:

so 190 Mb
html 53 Mb
dat 24 Mb
ttf 21 Mb