[Libreoffice] LibreOffice WikiHelp

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Dec 8 06:22:47 PST 2010

Hi Muthu,

On 2010-12-08 at 19:40 +0530, Muthu Subramanian K wrote:

> I guess we should tie the 'help-welcome' (the page that opens when the
> user clicks Help->Help from menu) pages to the wiki/Main_Page or
> probably create a LibreOffice welcome help page (to point to the Writer,
> Calc, and other applications help-start pages)...
> I too felt it odd for it not to have it. Just my thought...

We have these, eg. when you hit F1 in a freshly opened Writer, you get
to:

http://help.libreoffice.org/Swriter/start

Actually - if anyone volunteers to improve the Main_Page (eg. collect
links to swriter/start, scalc/start, ...), I'll be happy to create the
account for him to do that; or I can cut and paste any improvements sent
to this thread directly as an wiki update.

Though - as I already explained, first it is necessary to fine-tune the
conversion tooling, the things like the exact wording of the Main_Page
can be fixed as soon as I feel confident with the result of the
conversion so that I can open it for everyone to edit.

Regards,
Kendy