[Libreoffice] Help?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Dec 14 01:47:21 PST 2010

Hi Jerry,

	First - welcome to LibreOffice :-) most of these questions are best
asked on IRC, but lets archive some of the answers here.

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 21:20 -0500, Jerry Shi wrote:
> Alright, so I just got off of irc.freenode.net, and now have another
> question.  For some odd reason, make fetch does not work.  It gives me
> an error, make: nothing to be done for 'fetch'

	That basically means - it has already fetched everything :-) that is a
good sign.

>                 Alright, thanks for all the help so far.  To answer
>                 your questions, I'm using openSuse 11.2, on a fairly
>                 new dual core laptop.

	Oooh - old software on new hardware - fun :-)

>                  zypper si -d OpenOffice_org-bootstrap # for OpenSUSE,
>                 but I recieve an error about how the
>                 OpenOffice_org-bootstrap doesn't exist.

	Ah - it is probable that you need the main OSS repositories enabled; at
least - I believe we had the split build in 11.2 (which bootstrap is
from). Perhaps it is better to add the repository here:

	sudo zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Unstable/openSUSE_11.2/ lo-unstable

	And then do the zypper si -d command (you could also install RC1
pre-built to have a play).

>                  So, as far as I can tell, the problem is with this
>                 line of code:     PR_STATIC_ASSERT(sizeof(size_t) <=
>                 4); in function

	Nurgh; still. I suspect this is some dependency problem that we need to
check more carefully in configure. Petr - have you seen this before ?

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 21:29 -0500, Jerry Shi wrote:
> So, just one more thing before I go do something else...is it fine if
> I exclude modules?

	In general, if you hack pieces out of the build blindly, you will
eventually cause far more trouble than you solve :-) it is usually
better to try to trouble-shoot why it is not working in the first
instance, as every problem may have a root issue that causes many other
problems in turn.

>  I got around the nss thing by disabling it when I
> was running ./autogen.sh.  Now, I have an error in graphite where "CPU
> you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set"  I do have a 64
> bit computer, as I neglected to mention.  Should I just disable these
> modules so I can at least get a build, or should I try to get a
> solution?

	Wow :-) that's more fun indeed; again - Petr may be able to help, you
really need all the dependencies installed right (hopefully the above
helps).

	All the best !

		Michael.