[Libreoffice] De-Java-ise flat XML export

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Dec 14 01:59:08 PST 2010

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 22:21 +0100, Peter Jentsch wrote:
> I got the message that xslt processing should be done by libxml/libxslt
> not by xalan. Because I'm new to libxml, I first need to have closer
> look at libxslts transformation API (and how to use that from LO, which
> brings it's own xml processing API).

	:-)

>  Currently it looks as if it could
> be possible for me to write a CPP component that works similar to the
> XSLTransformer java class but uses libxslt internally. That wouldn't be
> optimal performancewise I guess, but I don't feel like writing a SAX
> parser adapter from libxml to LO right now.

	Riight; interesting. Ultimately XSLT requires a DOM to operate on, so I
suppose if we get SAX events from OO.o, we will need to map these to
libxml's nodes.

	I believe we already have code to do this in
xmlsecurity/source/xmlsec/saxhelper.cxx / .hxx - which essentially uses
libxmlsec (built on libxml2) to do document signing as of now [ AFAIR
etc. ].

	Perhaps we can re-use some nice chunks of code from there ?

	ATB,

		Michael.