[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Embedded parts and wikihelp/HC2

Martin Srebotnjak miles at filmsi.net
Thu Dec 16 10:14:52 PST 2010

Jan,
another thing, that I already mentioned sometime ago in one of my many many
posts here :), it would be great if these multilang installers would offer
the installer language option - e.g. when starting the installer first the
selection of installation language would pop-up. The installer would then
run in that language and automatically offer GUI and dictionaries of that
language as presets, and offer the appropriate help package download.

I prefer language selection based on user selection and not on the OS
language, because some users have English GUI in OS, but want a localized
LO.

Example: if I am Slovenian, I would select Slovenian language, the installer
GUI would be Slovenian, the defaults for installation would be Slovenian GUI
and Slovenian and English dictionaries. If I would want to manually change
the things to install I would still be able to select and deselect other
languages etc. And at the end of installation I would be warned that help is
only online and that for offline help I must follow the given link to the
Slovenian helppack.

Lp, m.