[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Embedded parts and wikihelp/HC2

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Dec 17 10:00:06 PST 2010

Hi Martin,

On 2010-12-16 at 19:08 +0100, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:

> > We can easily show a suggestion to download a localized version of the
> > help on each and every page, if the language is not en_US.  With your
> > help (the l10n team), this can be even shown in the native language of
> > the user, with a direct link to the download location.  How does that
> > sound?
>
> While that would also be nice to have, I think it is mandatory to explain
> that during installation. And at the end of installation it would be nice to
> have a link to download the language pack. At least for Windows and OSX,
> that have a GUI installer.

I've just seen the test installation of the future LibreOffice site; I
think it very much fulfills what you are proposing.  It is not at the
end of the installation, but at the time you are downloading
LibreOffice:

http://test.libreoffice.org/download/

If you choose Linux version, you can choose the language version you
need, as an additional download.  I suppose the same will be implemented
with the Windows version after the RC2 that will have the langpacks.

I hope this resolves even this concern :-)

Regards,
Kendy