[Libreoffice] ./download doesn't work behind a proxy

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Wed Nov 3 10:20:21 PDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 02:10:14PM +0100, Florian Effenberger <floeff at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> I'm no git expert, but if someone comes up with a script, that should be
> no problem. We can mid-term also host our own git, but for the moment,
> I'd stick with FD.

Mirroring git repos is easy. :)

To do the initial mirroring:

cd /path/to/git
repos="build writer etc."
for i in $repos
do
        git clone --mirror git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/libreoffice/$i
done

To update them (this could go to a hourly - or similar - cronjob):

cd /path/to/git
for i in *
do
        cd $i.git
        git fetch origin
        git remote prune origin # this is optional but needed to get rid of branches deleted in the FD repos
        cd ..
done

Finally, you need to export the /path/to/git dir in your httpd config.
In case you have Apache and you want smart-http (the plain http version
is slooow ;) ), add to the vhost's config:

SetEnv GIT_PROJECT_ROOT /path/to/git
SetEnv GIT_HTTP_EXPORT_ALL
ScriptAlias /git/ /usr/libexec/git-core/git-http-backend/

(man git-clone, man git-fetch, man git-remote and finally man
git-http-backend describes the process in more detail.)