[Libreoffice] New credits page up (and linked from TDF)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Nov 4 06:42:18 PDT 2010

Hi there,

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 14:26 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> New iteration of http://libreoffice.org/credits.html in case you want to
> show your name on that page to your grandmothers.

	Cool :-)

> Anything else that you want to see there? I was told the pretty
> contributor graphs were not desired so I left them out.

	Indeed - I'm not sure that the numbers are clean enough, pwrt. releng
commits, and loosing history left & right to make the charts -that-
meaningful. I see they are back on the page now; can we loose them
again ? :-)

> I actually inserted a link to that page now from
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/develop/. Let me know in case someone
> minds.

	Great idea; proper accreditation is really important.

	What would be super-nice, would be if we could have a patch a little
like the Help->License info one - cf. sfx2/source/appl/appserv.cxx -
that would load a nice ODF document containing the output of your work -
so that we cna ship that with the binaries, and make it available
off-line too, as a snapshot of that version.

	We could whack that in readlicense_oo - cf. LICENSE.odt - and prettify
it, and add a build of d.lst goodness, and some scp2 to get it into the
install.

	Is that something you'd be interested in (if not it'd be great to turn
it into an 'Easy Hack' in the wiki) - hopefully it's relatively simple
(modulo finding the XML foo necessary to get the new command included -
or perhaps instead, just adding a button to the help->about dialog ?).

	Thanks,

		Michael.