[Libreoffice] Changing mailing list behavior

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Fri Nov 5 03:28:24 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Kevin Hunter schrieb:
> At 7:01pm -0400 Thu, 04 Nov 2010, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 23:58 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
>>> If you're subscribed, and you don't want extra copies, just set a
>>> (and people) adhere to that.
>>
>> Also, many email clients have a "reply to list" functionality which
>> only replies to the list. I know at least Evolution, Thunderbird, and
>> KMail do.
>
> If I've guessed correctly, you're using Seamonkey, which I believe has
> similar to shortcuts to Thunderbird. I don't know if you're a keyboard
> personality, but I sure am. I therefore very quickly find the shortcuts
> for the actions that I perform frequently. Reply-to-all and
> reply-to-list fit that category for me. Might this list from Mozilla be
> of use to you?

It is not about using my seamonkey, but why this list is organized
different than others. For example in discuss at documentfoundation.org
(and in all other mailing list I am subscribed, but
libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org) when I click on "Antworten" (that's
"To") I get the list address in the "To" field. When I click on "Antwort
an alle" (that's "To All") I get the list address in the "To" field and
the poster's address in the "CC". Only here in
libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org I get the poster's address in the "To"
field and the list address only in the "CC"-field.
I know to change the addresses, but I have to remember each time,
"Caution, this list is the other way round". That is not comfortable.

Kind regards
Regina