[Libreoffice] Minutes technical group call

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Thu Nov 11 06:25:40 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 02:01:50PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Thanks to Thorsten for taking the minutes, of the call last Thursday:
> 	+ Rene - concerned wrt. start-center per-lang switching
> 		+ Michael - the code is pushed & working
> 		+ Petr - just pushed the updated/split BrOffice
> 		  branding, so start-center should work too

FSVO of work. I said that you get the wrong branding in the wrong product
sometimes, and that still is the case (though it's quite minor):

LibreOffice install:
	LANG="something except pt_BR" -> everything LibreOffice branded
	LANG="pt_BR" -> Splash, Title bar and everything else LibreOffice
			*except+ Startcenter image

BrOffice.org install[1]:
	LANG="something except pt_BR" -> title etc. BrOffice.org *except*
	                                 Startcenter image
	LANG="pt_RB" -> everything BrOffice.org branded

am i the only one which finds this weird?

My other point was that LANG="pt_BR" doesn't necessarily mean people
wanting BrOffice. what for people here in Europe? Wanting a pt_BR-translated
LibO and nothing else?

Grüße/Regards,

René

[1] implemented by diverting files away and exchangin them with BrOffice
counterparts.