[Libreoffice] Fw: [discuss] adding my company's label templates to OO

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 16 07:52:46 PST 2010

Hi Eric, *,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Eric Teng <eric at felabel.com.sg> wrote:
>>> Ill like to know how to add label templates to libreoffice . we are a
>>> labels supplier located in singapore.

[snip]

You seem to have a problem with your mailer or with your patience :-)

To add your labels, create appropriate additions to the Labels.xcu
file. The scheme used for that file is defined in Labels.xcs

Quote: "Contains the measurement data of the label concatenated by a
colon (;) in the following order: 'C' or 'S';Horizontal
Distance;Vertical Distance;Width;Height;Left margin;Upper
margin;Columns;Rows" while 'C' marks a continuous label and 'S' marks
a sheet."

You can also create an extension with those additions, that way you
can add the labels also to versions of LO or OOo or Oracle Open Office
or other variants that don't have the fix in the code.

To do that, you only need to put the added parts of the labels.xcu
into an extension. Step-by-step instructions on how to build such an
extension:
http://blogs.sun.com/kkoll/entry/using_extensions_to_change_openoffice

So once you added the corresponding data for the labels, feel free to
provide a patch (or even better the extension)

ciao
Christian