[Libreoffice] There has been talk about removing AM_MAINTAINER_MODE from autotools configuration path.

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Nov 16 09:57:55 PST 2010

Hi Peter,

On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 18:24 +1000, Peter Dolding wrote:
> Issue is one of the special features of that mode.

	:-)

> http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/automake/maintainer_002dmode.html
>   from here the key point is.
>
> >>AM_MAINTAINER_MODE also allows you to disable some custom build rules conditionally.

	Riight - I don't think we do that in fact. I believe we require
everyone to have (or build) tons of exotic tool instead :-)

> There is no particular reason to rush its
> removal but due to being mostly a deprecated thing it should be marked
> for careful and planned removal.

	If someone wants to kill it; lets do it !

	All I require is a patch, the assurance that someone tested it
somewhere; (and we should fix autogen.sh not to pass the maintainer flag
too).

	HTH,

		Michael.