[Libreoffice] [PUSHED]Re: Blinking cursor progress

Luke Dixon 6b8b4567 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:43:01 PST 2010

Hello Jonas,
> I think the patch looks great, I've pushed it... But when we need to
> draw a thin solid line under the visual line that the caret is in, we
> will probably need to pass a boolean value to SmCursor::Draw in
> SmGraphicWindow::Paint and from SmCursor::Draw to
> SmCaretDrawingVisitor... So that only the vertical line blinks, but
> the solid underline of the visual line doesn't blink...
> This is as opposed to not calling SmCursor::Draw in
> SmGraphicWindow::Paint which is what currently happens...

Thanks very much for your help in pointing me in the right direction for
this.

I've attempted the other easy hack, this information meant I didn't have
to spend any time working out what to do.
I made a couple of methods for SmGraphicWindow, IsLineVisible and
ShowLine. I made them public, as I would imagine they would be used for
number 7 of the complex and non-essential tasks on the todo list.

> By the way, I think that it's really cool that you found the setting
> for the caret blink timer... Nice work!
That was all thanks to opengrok.go-oo.org (thanks for pointing that out
to me).

Regards,
Luke