[Libreoffice] [PUSHED]Re: Blinking cursor progress

Jonas Finnemann Jensen jopsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 10:25:04 PST 2010

Hi Luke,

I'm very sorry, I should have had this done earlier. Most of it was
> done Tuesday, but I had trouble building until today

That's okay, take your time... Getting it to build after messing with
something can be rather unpleasant...

I think the patch looks great, I've pushed it... But when we need to draw a
thin solid line under the visual line that the caret is in, we will probably
need to pass a boolean value to SmCursor::Draw in SmGraphicWindow::Paint and
from SmCursor::Draw to SmCaretDrawingVisitor... So that only the vertical
line blinks, but the solid underline of the visual line doesn't blink...
This is as opposed to not calling SmCursor::Draw in SmGraphicWindow::Paint
which is what currently happens...

By the way, I think that it's really cool that you found the setting for the
caret blink timer... Nice work!
 - I still have ugly constants for handling key input...

I allowed the initialization of the timer to take place whilst no checking
> IsInlineEditEnabled(). I'm not sure if that is okay, or perhaps I could
> think about working out whether it could be initialized if needed if not.

I think that is great... initializing the timer can't hurt anybody... And if
it's not initialized and the users activates visual editing during runtime,
who knows what happens...
 - Well, probably nothing, but nothing isn't good either...

These methods that I've made, would you prefer that I write a doxygen comment
> for them?

No, no, don't bother... Leaving them uncommented is fine for stuff of that
size... And which such obvious names...

I'm sending this patch to you, would you prefer I sent it instead to
> the mailing list?

As I've pushed the patch I don't think there's any reason to... (I've also
CC'ed the list)
Unless, somebody on the list suggests that we don't CC them, I suggest that
we do...
(still send to me, just, CC the list, or the other way around if you prefer
that).

Anyway, thanks for the patch, it's great and it works! :)
If you would move the section about this hack from the Easy_Hacks page to
the Easy_Hacks/Completed in the wiki, that would also be great...

Let me know if you run out of interesting tasks, or get stuck, etc...

--
Regards Jonas Finnemann Jensen.