[Libreoffice] HC Cleanup

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Nov 23 04:54:28 PST 2010

Hi Joseph,

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 19:18 -0800, Joseph Powers wrote:
> While creating the HC Icon set, could you look into the following?
..
> I changed the Windows Only code to match this behavior; however, I don't
> have access to a Windows build system so the change is 1) un-tested &
> 2) theoretically correct. Any testing would be great.

	Cool :-) Hopefullly we'll get our nightly snapshot building working
soon, and the QA guys can have a bang on it.

> It should now be save to remove all the HC versions of the icons from
> all sets and start packaging the HC set as it's own theme.

	Brilliant :-) I believe we're nearly there on that anyway, but no doubt
some residual cleanup is needed.

> PS: I believe I've removed all the code dealing with loading HC version
> of Icons. If no-one objects, I'll remove the task from the Easy-Hacks page.

	Wonderful work ! :-) how does it feel ? - I'm thrilled to have had all
that crud removed, and please do hack it out of the wiki [ and add any
other easy tasks you stumbled upon while hacking around here :-]

	Incidentally - we should prolly do some extra work in our backends to
allow the default icon theme to be specified per platform, and made to
match the native theme.

	eg. in vcl/unx/gtk/gdi/salnativewidgets-gtk.cxx we setup the color
schemes for gtk+ - but, AFAICS we don't detect the name of the system
theme and adapt to it.

	By looking for the "High Contrast.*" theme names, we could pick a good
default - ditto selecting, "oxygen" or "crystal" or "tango" if the
system theme matches that: I -thought- we used to do that, but ... :-)

	Anyhow - some great work here.

	Thanks !

		Michael.