[Libreoffice] Windows installer: what languages in multi/all_lang? - SDK: Why different version number?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Nov 23 09:28:46 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 17:37 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> > The question was more targeted with regard to (automatically) creating
> > a download page - first iteration
> > http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/home/download-and-sub/ - modeled after

	Oh - cool :-) Which reminds me - it should be (fairly) easy to detect
the client's platform - on the client in javascript:

	http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html

	The latter part of that - the 'dataOS' piece - should provide some good
inspiration to at least auto-select the right value for the combo-box
(?).

	We can presumably do the same for the language combo with something
like:

	var userLang = (navigator.language) ? navigator.language :
navigator.userLanguage;

	So - hopefully the user doesn't have to do any thinking :-)

	Personally, I'd love to see a big / bold download button somewhere:
that takes advantage of that auto-detection,

	Anyhow - it's great to see people looking at improving this: nice
work :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.