[Libreoffice] Windows installer: what languages in multi/all_lang? - SDK: Why different version number?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+ooofuture at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 23 18:21:50 PST 2010

Hi Michael, *,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 17:37 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
>> Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> > The question was more targeted with regard to (automatically) creating
>> > a download page - first iteration
>> > http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/home/download-and-sub/ - modeled after
>
>        Oh - cool :-) Which reminds me - it should be (fairly) easy to detect
> the client's platform - on the client in javascript:

It is easy to differentiate between Linux, windows and Mac, but it's
not that easy to distinguish between linux deb and linux rpm (any
suggestions on that one?)

So using that kind of detection would mean to split linux in two
controls - one for the OS itself, and another one for the package
format. Not sure whether that is a win or not.

I added detection for OS and default to rpm for linux for now...

>        We can presumably do the same for the language combo with something
> like:

Added as well. (not sure whether there needs to be a mapping of
browser-reported locale to locale identifiers used by LO)

>        So - hopefully the user doesn't have to do any thinking :-)

:-)

>        Personally, I'd love to see a big / bold download button somewhere:
> that takes advantage of that auto-detection,

A single, big fat download button is hard to do, when you need to
download multiple files in the usual case...
But if you got a suggestion...
(one can always style the result as big button using css)

>        Anyhow - it's great to see people looking at improving this: nice
> work :-)

Thanks a lot for the feedback

ciao
Christian