[Libreoffice] Checkboxes and Radio Buttons in menus

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Oct 5 03:13:51 PDT 2010

Hi Caolan,

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 10:37 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> So, I'd already done some work on these, some of which was already in
> LibreOffice on day 0, but I've extended it a bit. Building on Noel's
> work for some VBA foo we can now tag a menu entry in the xml description

	Really lovely :-) that has long been missing for decent gtk+ theme
integration, and better usability.

	Which reminds me - it seems to me, that for menus and toolbars, the
information in the .src and .hrc files is increasingly useless and/or
duplicated elsewhere.

	It would be wonderful to work out what (if any) of it is still
necessary - eg. svx/inc/globlmn_tmpl.hrc and add an 'Easy Hacks' wiki
page entry for cleaning it all up [ potentially with some code changes
too ].

	Ideally of course, we would bin these SID_DO_FOO things, and just use
".uno:DoFoo" const char * strings around the place for clean, uniform
user interface hooks, but ..

	Any chance of some thoughts on that in the wiki - while this is swapped
into your brain ? :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.