[Libreoffice] Some more features...

camille.moulin at free.fr camille.moulin at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 02:16:53 PDT 2010

----- "Laurent Godard" <oooconv at free.fr> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> > Is it intentional that if you open a read-only document (for
> example
> > from a browser), then you can't edit it (can't delete sheets for
> > example), but the icon is still there and you can add new sheets?
> :)

Well, I guess it's not consistent with OOo's behaviour regarding read-only files, but this behaviour (i.e. limiting the actions you can perform on the file) has many drawbacks from a UX point of view (I can elaborate on this point if it's not obvious  see http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Camillem/aboutFramework#Read_Only_files_should_be_open_in_R.2FW_mode ).
 So, apparently, from a technical point of view, when you add a feature, you have to add extra code to specify that the feature should not be accessible in ReadOnly mode. If that's the case, it would be a good example of unnecessary additional complexity to the code and one more good reason to change the behaviour to something simpler.

> you always can "save as ..." under a new name after doing some
> modifications.
[...]
> just my opinion

Mine also ;-)