[Libreoffice] Some more features...

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Thu Oct 7 07:28:16 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 11:16 +0200, camille.moulin at free.fr wrote:
>  So, apparently, from a technical point of view, when you add a
> feature, you have to add extra code to specify that the feature should
> not be accessible in ReadOnly mode.

Yup, you are right on here. :-)

IIRC there is a call similar to IsReadOnly() (the name may be slightly
different... I forget), which we need to call on those actions that need
disabled when the document is "read only".

> If that's the case, it would be a good example of unnecessary
> additional complexity to the code and one more good reason to change
> the behaviour to something simpler.

No disagreement there.  I would be among the first ones to support
removal of this cruft.

Having said that, once we remove this, it won't be easy to add it back.
So I'd personally like to be a bit careful on making decision here.  For
example, can anybody provide any arguments for keeping the current
behavior?

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc