[Libreoffice] Mac OS X Build

Joseph Powers jpowers27 at cox.net
Thu Oct 7 21:33:01 PDT 2010

On my 10.6.4 machine, I had to install the following to get things to build:

autoconf		2.68
automake	1.11.1
coreutils		8.5
gettext		0.18.1.1
git			1.7.2.3
glib			2.26.0
gmp		5.0.1
libIDL		0.8.14
libiconv		1.13.1	- I was having some issues with the base one not be recognized as GNU
libidn		1.19
libxml2		2.7.7	- Not sure why configure didn't find the base one (maybe because it's in Framework which is mac only)
libxslt		1.1.26
m4			1.4.15
pkg-config	0.25
wget		1.12

I wouldn't worry too much about the "gcp" issue.

On a side note, I now hate MacPorts. I'm using a MacPro and installing -i386 fails on about half of the above installs. -x86_64 fails on about half (and if you don't include it, this is the default). The +universal option again fails on about half of them.

I ended up just downloading the base .tar.gz files and building them all from scratch. Most of them allow you to just set the compiler flags to "-arch i386 -arch x86_64" to automatically build fat versions. Two of them required building one -arch, doing the install, and the building the 2nd -arch, and then manually create the fat version.

Joe P.