[Libreoffice] Mac OS X Build

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Oct 8 02:42:15 PDT 2010

Hi Eric,

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 07:35 +0200, Eric Hoch wrote:
> Looking at this list now it reminds me of the building the X11 OOo
> on the mac :-)

	Wow - we don't want to be that bad - obviously.

> Is this because of a new build process that LibO uses compared to
> the one OOo uses?

	Perhaps; not sure - the dependency list does seem over-long (to me),
perhaps cloph can advise us on where to go here.

> Plus, I wonder were all the cleanup work done by Christian Lohmaier
> is gone. He did a great job in making OOo build on an
> out-of-the-box with XCode installed.

	Quite - we need to get back to that place.

> Btw: Are there any up to date build instructions for Mac OS X? I
> only found Linux instructions or can I use them on the mac as
> well?

	And indeed, a wiki page outlining this would be a great thing to work
on - once all the deps are hammered down, we can focus on shrinking
them; I guess Thorsten is a good contact there.

	HTH,

		Michael.