[Libreoffice] Mac OS X Build

Joseph Powers jpowers27 at cox.net
Fri Oct 8 06:14:08 PDT 2010

On Oct 8, 2010, at 2:42 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 07:35 +0200, Eric Hoch wrote:
>> Looking at this list now it reminds me of the building the X11 OOo
>> on the mac :-)
>
> 	Wow - we don't want to be that bad - obviously.
>
>> Is this because of a new build process that LibO uses compared to
>> the one OOo uses?
>
> 	Perhaps; not sure - the dependency list does seem over-long (to me),
> perhaps cloph can advise us on where to go here.
>
>> Plus, I wonder were all the cleanup work done by Christian Lohmaier
>> is gone. He did a great job in making OOo build on an
>> out-of-the-box with XCode installed.
>
> 	Quite - we need to get back to that place.
>
>> Btw: Are there any up to date build instructions for Mac OS X? I
>> only found Linux instructions or can I use them on the mac as
>> well?
>
> 	And indeed, a wiki page outlining this would be a great thing to work
> on - once all the deps are hammered down, we can focus on shrinking
> them; I guess Thorsten is a good contact there.

I have a free disk partition so I'll try installing Mac OS 10.6 & xCode and see what happens this week-end. I can then generate a better dependance list.

I've played with building other big programs (GCC, wget, & LLVM) on my current partition so I'm not really base.

I should also generate a document showing how to set everything up. (my current work on the wiki suggests MacPorts; which I think is a little broken).

Most of my MacPorts issues are caused by my box being 64bit and it's issues with installing anything except 64bit versions. LO is hard-coded somewhere to only build in 32bit mode; which means that I need ether a 32bit version of the libraries or a fat version (I don't want 32bit only; because, I may want to do other work and thus, I may need the 64bit version).

> 	HTH,
>
> 		Michael.
>
> --
> michael.meeks at novell.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot