[Libreoffice] [SCRIPT, EASYHACK] "add-modelines", a script to add modelines to source files

Wed Oct 13 00:15:53 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-12, someone at boldandbusted.com wrote:
> Sweet! Glad I could help. A couple questions:

Well, it isn't checked in yet :-). And I am not one with commit access
(neither do I plan to get it).

> * What shell environment were you running the script under which gave
> you the -z option sadness?

/bin/sh is a symlink to /bin/dash under debian/ubuntu.

> * Did you commit my original unchanged version to git, then commit your
> changes, or only commit the version with your changes (awk removal,
> etc.) and not the original I posted? (I'd like to know that my original
> version, warts and all, was committed for posterity. :) )

If you look at the gist link, you'll see 2 revisions. The first is your
original v0.7 as you posted, the second one is the version that I used
in the end. I thought gist.github would automatically show the diffs,
but it seems it doesn't.

Just one note, I did not commit your script to any libO repository (I
don't have the rights, nor would I know where this should go). I just
posted it to the gist thingie to allow others to access the version I
used (and spot the flaws that I am sure to have introduced ;-) ).

> * Yah, sorry about the extra spaces. I actually meant to remove that. I
> had that in so I could be sure that I wasn't damaging other data.

No problem,

> * If you see that "set -o posix" thing again, just remove it to run
> under /bin/sh. The "set -o posix" actually makes Bash behave like
> /bin/sh. I didn't know that /bin/sh would barf on it, so I'll consider
> this command a "debugging" command.

As I said, /bin/sh is dash really, and I know it isn't as complete as
bash (which is the whole meaning of the thing).

Sebastian