[Libreoffice] [testscripts] Guidance and project management

someone at boldandbusted.com someone at boldandbusted.com
Sat Oct 9 14:02:01 PDT 2010

Howdy. I was asked to post a message here to kick off a discussion of
test script coordination. I'm volunteering to help with them because a)
it's simple, and b) I'm simple.

I know shell, as you can see from the add-modelines script I just
submitted, and I'm told that StarBASIC is "as easy", and that's what
(some? all?) of the test scripts are written in. So add me to the list
of folks on the "testscripts" team, please.

What I'd like to see is some way to coordinate work surrounding the test
scripts:

* A wiki page with best practices, local custom, etc.
* A status board (what is failing where, and what test scripts are born
bad and need some discipline)
* A list of info about the team of folks on the "test scripts" team (is
this QA?), who is active and who is inactive.
* Pretty graphs and charts. Freenode IRC bot for queries?
* Some statistics. (Maybe use R?)
* A section of bugzilla (or whatever bug tracker we're using) for
[testscript]-ers.

Have fun,

Jesse Adelman
Bold and Busted LLC