[Libreoffice] Improvement Ideas

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Oct 15 10:07:19 PDT 2010

Hi Jeff,

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 11:45 -0400, Jeff Seibert wrote:
>     I am currently a junior physics major, and over the years I have
> been required to preform multiply regression analysis for my lab
> reports.

	Great you have all the skills needed to hack on LibreOffice :-)

>   I have been forced to use Microsoft office on a computer at school
> to accomplish these analysis's.  I feel that Libre Office could
> improve itself by adding some features for scientists.  I have some
> friends that would use Open office, or Libre Office, but there are
> some key features missing like regression analysis, shortcut keys,

	Out of interest - what shortcut keys are you missing - these would be
easy for you to add in a simple XML file: a great first contribution
perhaps :-)

>  and being able to but error on a graph properly.  There may be a few
> that I have forgetten, or am not aware of.  I know that I can do these
> things using gnumeric, but i would be helpful to be able to doall of
> these things with one office sutie.

	Fair enough - the chart2 things sound good - there is a re-written
chart engine in the 'chart2' directory that is supposedly much cleaner
and easier to hack, it'd be great to have someone looking at it - but
keybindings first ? :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.