[Libreoffice] LO: Linux distro specific packages vs. universal build

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Oct 15 11:20:27 PDT 2010

Rene Engelhard píše v Čt 14. 10. 2010 v 16:48 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 04:45:57PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> > 1. installation root path:
> >
> > 	+ /opt/libreoffice3 - used by the universal linux build by
> >                               default
>
> Well, I don't see why we should keep that version here too but I can
> live with it being there.

You are right. We have already removed the 3-layer structure, so the
version is not longer needed. I am going to remove the it.

(I hope that nobody would shoot me ;-)

> > 2. user configuration:
> >
> > 	+ ~/.libreoffice/3 - used by the universal linux build
> > 	+ ~/.libreoffice/3-<distro> - proposed alternative
> >                    distro-specific path, e.g. ~/.libreoffice/3-suse
> >
> > 	I tried to use the same directory but the other build did not
> >         start because incompatible berkley DB, see the attached
> >         screenshot
>
> I'd use the same user directory, personally. We use the same bdb as
> universal/vanilla anyways.

I would like to use the same dir as well. Unfortunately, we have
different system bdb on different SUSE distros...

I will try something from the Caolan's suggestions (double check fix for
#i107440, look if the db can be versioned, ...)

Best Regards,
Petr