[Libreoffice] yum-builddep question ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Sat Oct 16 13:02:01 PDT 2010

Hi Terrell,

On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 15:10 -0400, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
> OK, I just learned it's a good idea to "Reply-All" when responding to
> ensure the list sees replies.  :-)

	Yep :-) takes one or two tries to learn it, but the benefit is we can
build personal links more easily & thus a real community [ and people
get replies if they are not subscribed too ].

> Glad to test, but a little tip would help.  My other boxes, including
> the one I'm on now, are all running CentOS 5, and the "yum-builddep
> openoffice.org" command returns "no openoffice.org.src".  Is there a
> specific repository I need to point to?

	Ah - ok; so this is really a question for a RedHat-ter - I suspect
Richard may have some sage advice; possibly we need an explicit command
there.

	For extra bonus points; we could write a shell-script that detected
your system - and ran the right command to install the build deps (on
Linux's at least) - and whack that in bin/ - and/or run it as part of
the 'download' script [ only the first time ].

	Patches most welcome :-) if you don't want to do that - it could
profitably be added to the 'easy hacks' page in the wiki as an entry
level shell / perl task.

> My other box, running Debian Lenny, just finished compiling and
> dev-installing, and LibreOffice comes up just great on it.  Cool beans!
> Thanks to Kohei for the "bin/g pull -r" trick from loroot/ to get
> rawbuild/ on that guy.

	Wonderful, what are you most interested in hacking on ? :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.