[Libreoffice] yum-builddep question ...

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Oct 16 15:59:28 PDT 2010

Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Terrell,
>
> On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 15:10 -0400, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
>
>> OK, I just learned it's a good idea to "Reply-All" when responding to
>> ensure the list sees replies.  :-)
>>

> 	Yep :-) takes one or two tries to learn it, but the benefit is we can
> build personal links more easily & thus a real community [ and people
> get replies if they are not subscribed too ].
>

>> Glad to test, but a little tip would help.  My other boxes, including
>> the one I'm on now, are all running CentOS 5, and the "yum-builddep
>> openoffice.org" command returns "no openoffice.org.src".  Is there a
>> specific repository I need to point to?
>>

> 	Ah - ok; so this is really a question for a RedHat-ter - I suspect
> Richard may have some sage advice; possibly we need an explicit command
> there.
>
> 	For extra bonus points; we could write a shell-script that detected
> your system - and ran the right command to install the build deps (on
> Linux's at least) - and whack that in bin/ - and/or run it as part of
> the 'download' script [ only the first time ].
>
> 	Patches most welcome :-) if you don't want to do that - it could
> profitably be added to the 'easy hacks' page in the wiki as an entry
> level shell / perl task.
>

>> My other box, running Debian Lenny, just finished compiling and
>> dev-installing, and LibreOffice comes up just great on it.  Cool beans!
>> Thanks to Kohei for the "bin/g pull -r" trick from loroot/ to get
>> rawbuild/ on that guy.
>>

> 	Wonderful, what are you most interested in hacking on ? :-)

Actually, I'm not much of a hacker at all, more a systems engineer who
can shell-script.  But I figure I could do some of the non-sexy,
janitorial "easy tasks" like getting rid of those "don't trust revision
control" comments.  You all who are actually hackers have other things
that need working on, I figure.

--TP