[Libreoffice] Changing patches

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Oct 18 09:45:56 PDT 2010

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 17:43 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> One of the issues I see is in SampleICC, where Vetters.cpp includes
> <errno.h> on Solaris and <sys/errno.h> on all other non-Windows.

	riight - hmm.

> On NetBSD, it also needs to include errno.h to compile. I could add an
> #if NetBSD to the Solaris case, but I don't think that sys/errno.h is
> standardized and thus prefer to make it include <errno.h> on all
> non-Windows platforms instead. What do you think?

	sounds good to me.

> The next question is how to change this, since the sys/errno.h include
> gets added by one of the patches coming with LO. You probably already
> have a tried-and-true workflow for this, what is it? :)

	We have to edit the patch; icc is one of our 'external' components, so
we have the pristine source archive, and then patch it with our internal
patch as part of the build.

	So - we would need to alter the patch. That leads to some diffs of
diffs problem, but ... hopefully there is some --with-system-icc variant
that could be used, if indeed the patches don't change its behaviour in
some unpleasant way.

	HTH,

		Michael.