[Libreoffice] Building on gentoo ...

Anthony Youngman anthony at youngman.org.uk
Mon Oct 18 15:10:40 PDT 2010

 Just tried to build libreoffice on gentoo. All the pre-requisites
should be there, given that I've done an "emerge openoffice". But it
falls over ...

checking for Qt headers... no
configure: error: Qt headers not found.  Please specify the root of
your Qt installation by exporting QTDIR before running "configure".
make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1

Not quite sure what to do about that ... especially as I'm just
following the instuctions on the wiki which don't even mention running
"configure".

Oh - and the instructions also say "--with-num-cpus=2". Except I've got
3, and gentoo instructions say you should normally use -j=cpus+1. So
should I really say cpus=4?

Cheers,
Wol