[Libreoffice] Address Books

Joseph Powers jpowers27 at cox.net
Wed Oct 20 19:54:21 PDT 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 8:05 AM, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 06:09 -0700, Joseph Powers wrote:
>> It looks like someone already connected Base to Apple's Address Book (no bonus points for me)
>>
>> On my mac, I can't get the Mozilla Address Book driver to work.
>
> Hmm, see connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/makefile.mk
> Apparently on the mac its not built if I'm reading that right

Which explains why the connection couldn't find the libraries.

>> Preferences -> LibreOffice Base -> Connections shows that
> com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.MozabDriver is installed.
>
> probably should find out where that's coming from then

This could be caused by the fact that the Connection was compiled into the program.

> C.

So the short answer is: If the connection is compiled, you'll see the driver listed; however, if the external driver isn't found you can't using the connection and no error is given.

Thanks for the help... now to see if I can force it to compile so I can play with it :)

I think on Mac they disabled MozAB and use AppleAB instead. Which is ok, but we should leave both enabled. Mail.app is very limited so it's quite likely that someone may use Thunderbird instead. In which case we should allow the users to select the preferred address book. (side note: thunderbird also has an option to use the AppleAB by default)

Joe P.