[Libreoffice] build failure loading pythonloader.uno.so

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sun Oct 24 04:56:39 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 01:26 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I used "build" with the variable set for my original error and got:
>
> ..../build/libreoffice-3.2.99.2/solenv/bin/gdbtrycatchtrace:2: Error in sourced command file:
> Function "__cxa_throw" not defined.

This sucks, looks like catch throw and catch catch don't work on NetBSD.
Or maybe its too old a gdb or something. Maybe add a "break main" and
reorganize the gdb script in the hope that it needs libstdc++ to be
loaded before it'll work. i.e. something like the (untested) attached.

> Perhaps some introductory questions:

> What is this registering step doing?

The registering step should be effectively dlopening the modules that it
wants to register, running the component_writeInfo function and friends
in order to record into a registry file which .sos implement/support
what named services. So manual debugging like adding some printf around
the dlopen/dlsym calls in sal can help find what is the last .so to be
dlopened, and adding/debugging the component_writeInfo etc calls in
that .so can see if they're getting called at all, and sort of narrow
down where things are going wrong.

Later on a runtime the various things like ...
mxSMgr->createInstanceWithContext("com.sun.star.script.Invocation") can
do the right thing, and dlopen the lib that
com.sun.star.script.Invocation is implemented in and call the matching
component_getFactory for that service

> What parts of the tree affect this or could cause this?

cppu, cppuhelper, stoc and bridges are generally involved.

C.