[Libreoffice] ucb/source/ucb compilation error

Thomas Klausner wiz at NetBSD.org
Mon Oct 25 03:09:25 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 09:40:34AM -0400, Kevin Hunter wrote:
> Have you enumerated everywhere this is used (in the code base).  At
> the moment, I'm having a difficult time seeing the use (both
> logically and usefully) of a macro that defines a single space.  At
> the point you're basically castrating that macro, why not just
> remove it entirely?
>
> As they say, "code removed is code debugged," and we've already
> experienced some confusion over the handling of the use-related
> __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ non-macro.

I'd like to get some feedback if someone is interested in converting
this to use the language identifiers before making it harder by
removing the macro completely.

A short grep shows it is used in
clone/ure/sal/inc/osl/diagnose.h
clone/writer/sw/source/filter/ww8/ (multiple files)
rawbuild/writerfilter/source/filter/RtfFilter.cxx
patches/dev300/oox-import-comments-fix-add-annotation.diff

If there's consensus, I can remove it completely.
 Thomas