[Libreoffice] Installing LibreOffice extensions

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon Oct 25 05:12:22 PDT 2010

> I think it'd be nice to allow the user choose what extensions [s]he wants to
> install

But isn't that the case already? Aren't the individual extensions de-selectable if one chooses the "custom" installation?

Sure, I guess it could be argued that we should have a clever custom action that would pre-de-select them in case there is no JRE on the machine. Or the other way around, that they would be by default de-selected, and a custom action would pre-select them in case a JRE is present.

Should then also Base be pre-de-selected if no JRE is present?  (Or pre-selected only if a JRE is present?)

>  adding special [warning] notice to JRE-dependent ones.

Maybe, yes, especially if there is no JRE. On the other hand, end-users tend to ignore warning dialogs anyway, and just click away. If at all possible, we should have it "just work" in the best way possible in a default (non-custom) kind of installation.

--tml